- PA/NJ Internal Martial Arts Seminars with Master Luo De-Xiu, Sept. 22-23
- Sun-style Bagua (Pa-kua Chang)...
- Schmuhl-read this
- A Detailed Study Of Ba Gua Zhang's Single Palm Change
- Questions That Need Answering
- Sparing Equipment
- Which is your favorite form and why?
- What are the best ways to practice palm strikes?
- The Circle Walk Practice of Ba Gua Zhang
- Welcome to Pa Kua Chang Journal!
Are you ready to share your opinion and experience? Join the Pa Kua Chang Journal community to post!
General Message Board
General Baguazhang/pa kua chang concepts, exercizes, forms, applications, history and lineages.
Posted by schmuhl on 7/30/2008 1:47pm | 2 Replies
Things I Learned this Week
I am quite the student of baguazhang, not that I possess extraordinary student skills, but because there is so much to this art that I am constantly learning new things! Everyone has their own learning style and different training methods, so there should be enough and to share. Take a minute to type in your latest epiphany, insight or connection here and let's see where that gets us!
Posted by schmuhl on 7/30/2008 1:59pm
RE: Things I Learned this Week
I learned that the post-heaven forms didn't come from Dong Haichuan. I assumed that everything baguazhang came through him, but from my reading, it looks like that came through a fellow student of Dong's to the 2nd or 3rd generation.
Posted by schmuhl on 8/01/2008 6:40pm
bones can gain density
although I don't think I would have dismissed it, I would not have considered attempting to do this. I have always avoided finger strikes because I jam them so often. maybe it's time to start the finger push-ups?